**This position can be remote and located anywhere in the US**
Job Summary: The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for leading and guiding the company’s future technology strategy and vision. The CTO plays a lead role in positioning Arcserve as a leader in the data protection market. This is a dynamic role that engages customers, partners, and outside industry experts to help position Arcserve as a market leader. It is expected that the CTO will bring a breadth of experience required to evaluate the current technology against our objectives and recommend changes that will result in optimal performance, as well as design incremental improvements as our company scales.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s product and technological strategic direction in alignment with business objectives and revenue goals.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Manages a small team of R&D resources developing product/technology prototypes.
- Works in a consultative fashion with sales and marketing as an advisor on product direction and vision.
- Evangelize and engage with industry bodies, customers, partners and technical forums to share and learn best practices. Be in tune with customer needs and convert needs into successful technology solutions. Understand and anticipate the strategic direction of the market.
- Continually evaluate, explore, and integrate new technology that enhances employee productivity, partner engagement, and the company’s competitive advantage.
- Review current client-facing technologies and anticipate future functional requirements and corrective actions.
- Team with the VP, Products to drive relevant New Product Introductions (NPIs) and NPI execution.
- Build strong relationships between Development, Strategy, Innovation, Functional experts and the overall organization as it relates to the deployment of emerging technologie.s
- Be an inspirational leader and develop a team of highly talented and proactive technologists to aid in the technology transformation.
- Participate in due diligence for M&A activities to understand the strategic objectives, assess the potential acquisition and provide input on integration planning, risks, challenges and opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of assigned team.
- Carries out indirect supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience to meet the essential functions of the position
- Fifteen plus years of leadership experience of complex size and scale including architecture, infrastructure, software development, and information security with a proven track record of developing global and scalable platforms
- Outstanding organizational, leadership, change management abilities
- Excellent communicator and public speaker
- Open, direct and respectful communication style with attention to detail
- Strong business acumen and experienced working in client-facing roles
- Take a common-sense approach to developing technology to solve client issues
- Strategic mindset with ability to collaborate and build relationships with different constituents
- Proven experience managing a team of global colleagues and managing a significant budget
- M&A experience
- Ability to travel as required
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in technology solutions, services, software and industry knowledge in the storage, security, and/or data protection marketplace a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding and challenging environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience developing employees
- Proven track record of building strong professional relationships
Travel: Up to 50% domestically and internationally.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans