* This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and can be remote.*
Job Summary: The Director, Analyst Relations is focused on developing highly engaged and successful relationships with industry analysts globally. This role is essential to ensuring effective strategy and execution of activities, meetings, events, and research participation that optimize our analyst rankings and competitive market standing. The Director, Analyst Relations is the point person managing strategy, planning and effective execution of Arcserve’s global analyst relations program. This requires proactive engagement with the analyst community as well as internal stakeholders including the leadership team, marketing, sales and product management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Core responsibilities include overseeing, orchestrating and ensuring effective delivery of specific analyst engagements, activities and programs.
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted, global analyst relations program.
- Develop the annual plan for Analyst Relations by engaging core internal stakeholders to inform the plan for success and to ensure cross-organizational commitment to execution.
- Responsible for proactively build, develop and maintain positive relationships with key industry analysts and influencers to drive awareness and coverage of our products, solutions, vision, strategy, differentiation and market direction.
- Manage regular analyst engagements, including strategy days, briefings, inquiries, meetings and events.
- Oversee successful participation in major analyst research reports and peer rating efforts including Gartner, Forrester and other related reports/ratings.
- Gathers competitive intelligence through competitive research efforts and collaboration with other areas of the company; maintains competitive data and quarterly dashboard to allow executives access to competitive information on as needed basis.
- Supervises the preparation of periodic reports regarding peer performance including insights on industry trends, emerging issues and other observations and perceptions from a competitive marketplace standpoint.
- Develop metrics for program success, track and report on progress
- Oversee successful participation in major analyst research reports and peer rating efforts including Gartner, Forrester and/or other related.
- Develop strong partnership with the marketing, communications and sales enablement teams to ensure information from analyst reports and ratings are promoted effectively.
- Provide strategic guidance to product/market strategy teams based on insights gained from analyst research and feedback.
- Interface with local sales executive teams to align to their priorities and to report on AR activities and analysts’ perspectives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or related.
- Eight plus years professional business experience (software or related).
- Five plus years managing Analyst Relations for a related industry; international business experience preferred.
- Proven success developing strong analyst relationships and delivering winning placement in analyst ratings and communications.
- Ability to travel a minimum 25% and/or as needed, including domestic USA and international
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- MBA or advanced degree
- Industry knowledge in the storage, security, or data protection marketplace a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker.
- Proven track record of building strong professional relationships.
- Strong knowledge of best business practices.
- Proven ability to build executive relationships, be a spokesperson for the company to enable successful executive and analyst experiences.
- Ability to make the complex, simple, so everyone can quickly and easily understand.
- Demonstrated Influence and negotiation skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans