**This position can be remote and located anywhere in the US**
Job Summary: The Director of Solutions Marketing & Enablement is responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy of Arcserve’s comprehensive portfolio and leading a solutions marketing team tasked with fulfilling that strategy for the company’s solution offers. The leader is responsible for bringing Arcserve’s portfolio of solutions to life and distinguishing them in the industry and through the eyes of our analysts, partners and customers, as well as enable the client facing and partner communities to properly position and sell. This applies throughout the solution life cycle.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Marketing strategy development – Work closely with Global Marketing, field marketing, product management, executive and senior leadership teams to ensure alignment of key objectives and solutions marketing initiatives across the organization
- Portfolio positioning – develop messaging and value propositions at a portfolio level that differentiates Arcserve in the market and strengthens the Arcserve brand; evolve the value proposition to maintain relevance over the solution life cycle; integrate solution messaging and value proposition at a brand level and across solution offers to strengthen the overall portfolio impact and provide a connected view of the world in our marketing activities; rationalize everything against the Arcserve brand to maximize impact
- Go-to-market planning and lifecycle management – Develop the overall marketing strategy for global solution launches and withdrawals to include market timing, prioritization, annual budget planning, level of promotional resources needed; seek global signoff on the plan prior to implementation
- Market intelligence – Understand customer needs, how they buy and their buying criteria for Arcserve’s entire portfolio; be knowledgeable on Arcserve competition and how to differentiate against them; stay abreast of and understand industry trends and how those impact the buying decision and value proposition for solutions; understand corporate-level activities that can have an impact on the portfolio or solution offers
- Sales enablement – Ensure the tools and resources created by Solutions Marketing support the buying cycle of Arcserve solutions; understand the needs of the global sales organization and adapt resources to meet those needs; continually explore new and innovative ways to develop sales enablement resources to best meet the audience needs
- Subject matter expertise – Develop expertise on the portfolio: capable of delivering effective presentations and solution demonstrations to support analyst, partner, and prospective customer meetings; act as a leader and advocate for the solution serving as an advisor to marketing colleagues in support of their initiatives; engage regularly in senior-level discussions relative to the portfolio
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of assigned team.
- Carries out indirect supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or equivalent combination of education or related experience.
- Ten plus years of marketing experience preferably with 3-5 years of product marketing experience
- Five plus years of management experience and a proven track record of team performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills a must
- Ability to collaborate with executive and senior management and engage in business planning and strategy development exercises
- Must be hands on, action oriented, and have a passion for serving customers.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- Willing to travel at least 25% including some global travel
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, and team environment
- Software related experience
- Experience working with multiple channel relationships
- Desire and willingness to be held accountable for business results
- Effective group presentation skills
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven track record of building strong professional relationships
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans