**This position can be remote and located anywhere in the US**
Job Summary: The General Manager is responsible for the execution of Arcserve’s cloud strategy to meet or exceed revenue and profitability objectives. Drive business objective achievement through effective cross-functional and regional relationship building, developing marketplace opportunities, marketing initiatives and leading sales opportunities. This role will collaborate with peers, employees and matrixed teams to ensure continuous improvement of market understanding and to drive high level customer satisfaction throughout the entire customer experience. The General Manager will provide direction to sales including the coordination of all major business functions to understand the needs of the customer, the competitive marketplace, and determine the go-to-market requirements necessary to drive financial success of the business.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Direct the company’s overall sales performance of Cloud product offerings to ensure alignment to overall company business objectives and strategies to grow our position in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain a sound business plan; analyze market data and communicate opportunities to senior leadership.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Cloud offerings across the entire business and product lifecycle including strategy, routes-to-market, channel and sales strategy, marketing strategy and execution.
- Act as a thought leader in developing the overall direction and strategy to market.
- Analyze operating results of business and take necessary steps to correct shortfalls in performance.
- Manage the Sales P&L to optimize revenue and profit growth.
- Seek additional growth opportunities to include expansion in existing sales or product markets as well as untapped/underutilized potential markets.
- Make business presentations to senior leadership to support existing and growth potential.
- Accurately forecast financial outcome based on projected revenue.
- Deploy the resources necessary to carry out the company’s goals and campaigns.
- Build customer relationships and respond to customer needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of assigned team.
- Carries out indirect supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
- Ten plus years of progressive leadership experience in the software industry including SaaS solution sales experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategy, marketing and sales execution.
- Ability to write and execute business plans.
- Experience leading matrixed teams to drive revenue growth.
- P&L management experience.
- Deep knowledge of back office IT infrastructure, software, systems and value chain.
- Strong strategic planning and business development skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, including domestic USA and international
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience in technology solutions, services, software and industry knowledge in the storage, security, or data protection marketplace
- Experience working with International Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding and challenging environment
- Experience negotiating complex agreements in a timely manner
- Ability to influence and build consensus with people across all levels and functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of building strong professional relationships
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.