Job Summary: This position will work Arcserve’s global team to develop the UDP Cloud Console – a hosted platform that unifies all of Arcserve’s products behind a single user experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of various Java Spring Boot microservices to support an industry-leading backup and disaster recovery solution.
- Evangelize best practices throughout the engineering organization and mentor junior developers within the team.
- Implement the business logic and data management layers as needed.
- Contribute to a robust and comprehensive suite of unit, integration and load tests.
- Collaborate with quality assurance to create and review test plans as needed.
- Work with minimal supervision and utilize knowledge, experience, and judgment to accomplish well-defined goals.
- Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Use your domain expertise to guide and mentor international engineers.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven plus years of software development experience
- Expert level Java
- Firm knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility behaviors.
- Experience working with SQL queries, query optimization and a practical knowledge of database concepts.
- Proven record creating high-performance, well-architected RESTful APIs with Java related technologies (Java, Jersey). Background in distributed and scalable microservice design and implementation.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with the Spring Boot framework, Maven, Hibernate (JPA) and Jersey
- Experience with PHP (Zend framework preferred)
- Capacity to work closely with cross-functional groups in a collaborative, team environment.
- Working knowledge of data storage concepts and disaster recovery infrastructure/technology
- Experience with time series databases and data modelling (Cassandra and DynamoDB preferred)
- Experience with document databases time and data modelling (MongoDB preferred)
- Experience with queue platforms like ActiveMQ and AWS SQS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working with a global team. The ideal candidate will successfully interface with key stakeholders and contributors from our offices in India, China, and throughout Europe.
- Agile development experience.
- Experience with public and private cloud platforms
- Capacity to break down complex ideas into manageable tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working for a technology company with multi-national operations.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.