Job Summary: This position is responsible for creating and/or maintaining software applications for a product or family of products. Provide complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks. Provide high level analysis related to software design and development and solve problems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide product content to technical writers.
- Assist in strategic research and design as directed
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- May have indirect reports and manage a small project team.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers. (optional for Senior SE)
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven plus years of software development experience
- Advanced design/debugging/coding skills
- Proficient in C++ programming on Windows platform
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge on Windows OS and file system is a plus
- Experience on Windows Debugging is a plus
- Ability to learn, understand, and work in large, complex projects
- Analytical skills, quality management, teamwork
- Good communication skills in Chinese (presenting and verbal) is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.