Principle/Sr. Windows Kernel Developer – Hyderabad, India
Arcserve is a leading provider of data protection and recovery software that provides organizations with the assurance that they can recover their data and applications when needed. Launched in 1990, Arcserve provides a comprehensive solution for cloud, virtual and physical environments, on premise or in the cloud, backed by unsurpassed support and expertise. Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP), available on Arcserve’s appliance or your hardware, drives a full range of highly efficient and integrated data protection capabilities through a simple, web-based user console. Arcserve has a customer base of 43,000 end users in more than 150 countries and partners with over 7,500 distributors, resellers and service providers around the world. Arcserve is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota with offices around the world.
A day in the life at Arcserve includes a strong, collaborative corporate culture that embraces the entrepreneurial spirit, supports work-life balance, recognizes and celebrates your contributions. Have fun, regularly shooting the breeze during company lunches, holiday celebrations, Friday treat days, and more. Life is short, work somewhere awesome.
The Principle/Sr. Windows Kernel Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining File System drivers on Windows platforms for High Availability and Disaster Recovery product. This position requires exceptional C\C++ skills and knowledge of OS internals. The Principle/Sr. Windows Kernel Developer will join distributed agile team and will work on implementation of new features and support for new platforms. Responsibilities will also include research/POC activities and work on customer issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain File System mini filter drivers and supplementary user mode components on Windows
- Work with distributed team of agile and highly skilled developers to support new platforms and deliver new features for HA and DR product
- Assist with automation of build management and unit testing on Windows platforms
- Research and prototype support for new platforms/OS
- Work on customer issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Applied Math or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of proven hands on experience in kernel mode development on Windows.
- In depth knowledge of Windows kernel internals such as memory management, concurrency/synchronization, storage stack.
- Exceptional C\C++ skills. Strong Kernel debugging skills.
- Proficiency with development tools (such as Visual studio, debuggers, profilers), source control and bug tracking systems.
- Understand and practice Agile\Scrum
vPreferred Job Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Team player. Self-driven researcher
- Experience in storage stack/File systems is a huge plus.
- Experience with developing Unix/Linux drivers (preferably file systems /storage)
- Proficient with MS Office tools.