Quality Assurance Engineer – Hyderabad, India
General InformationJob title : Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Family : Software Engineering – QA
Role : Individual Contributor
This position is responsible for testing backup and recovery management applications in different environments.
Key Results Areas
- Closely work with the product management and the developers to understand the scope and architecture
- Develop, design and strategies for testing applications both in physical and virtual environments
- Responsible for identifying the test scenarios and test cases for different modules
- Participate in design reviews with other developers.
- Work with distributed team of agile and highly skilled developers.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally, works with minimal guidance from the manager.
- Owns complete responsibility for the quality of the modules/applications he/she tests
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in testing (preferably in product development companies)
Skills & Competencies
- Good understanding of VMware and Hyper-V technologies
- Good understanding of database concepts
- Knowledge on Exchange Server is desirable
- Complex problem Good testing skills
- Solving skills.
- Business travel of approximately 10% yearly is expected for this position.