Arcserve is a leading provider of data protection and recovery software that provides organizations with the assurance that they can recover their data and applications when needed. Launched in 1990, Arcserve provides a comprehensive solution for cloud, virtual and physical environments, on premise or in the cloud, backed by unsurpassed support and expertise. Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP), available on Arcserve’s appliance or your hardware, drives a full range of highly efficient and integrated data protection capabilities through a simple, web-based user console. Arcserve has a customer base of 43,000 end users in more than 150 countries and partners with over 7,500 distributors, resellers and service providers around the world. Arcserve is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota with offices around the world.
A day in the life at Arcserve includes a strong, collaborative corporate culture that embraces the entrepreneurial spirit, supports work-life balance, recognizes and celebrates your contributions. Have fun, regularly shooting the breeze during company lunches, holiday celebrations, Friday treat days, and more. Life is short, work somewhere awesome.
Our Sales Development Representatives will be asked to generate, develop and manage initial business relationships through our marketing programs, inbound leads, and outbound prospecting calls. No cold calling. This position has great potential for career development in an emerging IT field. New grads and those with limited technical experience are welcome. The Arcserve Sales team has a strong track record of internal progression and promotions.As a Sales Development Representative you will bring your skills and grow in the following areas:
- Contact prospective customers by using the Arcserve CRM tool to reach marketing generated prospects or prospective customers via business directories and other list sources.
- Contact new prospects via phone and email to discuss their needs and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as lead qualification, selling strategies or marketing information.
- Gain and maintain access to decision makers and end users in prospective client companies.
- Maintain account records in Arcserve Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Develop a solid understanding of Arcserve products and stay up to the minute on both industry trends and internal product development.
- Research emerging technologies, trends and competitive information.
- Ensure qualification targets/ objectives are achieved monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Management or related field or an equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to gain access to decision makers and end users via phone.
- Deliver quality client service to customers.
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships.