This position is responsible for being the “voice of the product by providing business and marketing leadership to ensure the success of one or more product lines. The senior product marketing manager is responsible for setting the marketing strategy, crafting product positioning and messaging, developing go-to-market plans, and driving a cross-functional team to successfully execute against the plans.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as a recognized product marketing and business expert for one or more product lines
- Develop messaging and positioning for one or more products/solutions
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Develop go-to-market plans, incorporating activities related to awareness, customer acquisition and retention, and lead generation
- Drive the launch strategy and marketing execution
- Write white papers
- Speak at industry or partner events
- Develop collateral and sales tools, including presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Evaluate progress and results, and recommend major changes in procedures to accomplish tasks
- Plan and conduct assignments, and may lead or direct assignments that are generally larger and more important projects, or works on multiple projects at one time.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing, product management or technical marketing in the business to business IT space
- Service or software experience. Hardware experience is a plus.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or technical degree
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of multiple fields of technologies to complete significant and complex assignments
- Has in depth knowledge of the business problems and interactions of its components
- Effective communication skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, write and deliver quality presentations that are adjusted to the level of the audience receiving, and the ability to understand business and technical materials; effective skills also include active listening and the ability to modify communication style to suit the listener
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams which requires subtle influence without authority.
- Negotiates resources and deliverables across the organization, initiates communications and provides constructive feedback to the team.
Travel: Up to 25% domestically and internationally
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.