Job Summary: The Sr Server Engineer will work within a technical operations group working on cloud storage. This role will both design infrastructure to be reliable and scalable enough to maintain uptime and data integrity. This position will need to react quickly and correctly to any tactical issues which threaten that uptime and data integrity. A good amount of this position will be learning new things on the fly.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Own and deliver a scalable reliable server infrastructure. See the process through from inception all the way to production.
- Drive code quality across the team and instill best practices
- Develop project plans and lead scoping and estimation discussions
- Facilitate a great customer mobile experience for socialization and content consumption
- Work with cutting edge technology to help define BAAS and DRAAS.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven plus years of server engineering experience
- Familiar with Windows and Linux ( Debian) production support, network security, Solaris and zfs, Apache
- Exposure to object-orientated programming and proficient in one backend language (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python, etc).
- Hard disks/raid/storage controllers/filesystems/sans (several kinds)
- Nagios (monitoring/graphing infrastructure)
- Switches/Routers/Networking gear (arista/juniper/force10)
- The ability to be on-call
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Capacity to work closely with cross-functional groups in a collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable in storage and disaster recovery infrastructure and technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet project objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.