Job Summary: This position is for a software engineer with full stack experience. Candidates particularly strong in UI design and implementation are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates should have the desire to learn and explore new technologies. This role requires working with other teams including QE, Product Management, Operations and Sales to define and refine requirements and design.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development and build management of the user interface for an industry-leading cloud-based backup solution.
- Build an intuitive and simple user experience for our backup and recovery services.
- Rapidly prototype solutions as needed for internal evaluation and user testing.
- Contribute to the RESTful web service layer, backend business logic and data management layers as needed.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Work with minimal supervision and utilize knowledge, experience, and judgment to accomplish well-defined goals.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five plus years of software development experience
- Firm knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility behaviors.
- Exposure to object-orientated programming and proficient in one backend language (e.g. Java, PHP, Python, etc).
- Experience working with SQL queries, query optimization and a practical knowledge of database concepts.
- Experience consuming and creating RESTful web services.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Capacity to work closely with cross-functional groups in a collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Agile development experience.
- Working knowledge of storage concepts.
- NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Queues like ActiveMQ.
- Experience with storage appliances strongly preferred
- Product owner experience
- Capability to create quick proof of concept prototypes
- Knowledgeable in storage and disaster recovery infrastructure and technology
- Experience with public and private cloud platforms
- Understanding the storage technology needs of resellers and hosted services providers
- Familiarity with the SCRUM process and writing Epics and User Stories a strong plus
- Experience breaking down complex ideas into manageable tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet project objectives
- Experience working for a technology company with multi-national operations is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.