This position requires close interaction with customers and technical partners to understand their current and future needs/roadmaps and translate them into product enhancements. In addition to working with other product owners, this role will work with development leads, product architects, sales, pre-sales, and key customers. This position will be responsible for defining market requirements and work on a team with other product owners to package the features into unified product releases. Additional responsibilities include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing Agile product backlogs, and monitoring the implementation of each product project.
- Collaborate with channel partners, service providers and end users to understand and manage their requirements and future needs to pinpoint market trends to match development projects
- Make rapid tactical development decisions as they impact functionality or usability
- Track client communication, taking ownership and working the support issue to resolution
- Apply technical solving skills to analyze and find the root causes, and advise customer on solutions
- Stay current with partner roadmaps and translate them into product enhancements
- Maintain product backlog and participate in technical release planning
- Manage and set customer expectations and prevent ticket stalling to maintain and improve customer satisfaction
- Maintain knowledge of support policies, procedures, tools and systems
- Monitor, analyze and recommend industry innovations including analysis of competitive landscape
- Produce customer-facing technical documentation
- Establish and maintain strong technical partnerships
- Monitor progress and make adjustments based on larger, strategic objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five plus years of experience in IT architecture and systems integration
- Ability travel to customer and non-customer sites regionally as needed up to 25%.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with client interaction and technical implementation experience by phone and/or remote
- Strong knowledge of routers, firewall, switches, VPN devices and other networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP
- Strong background in Virtualization technologies from VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, etc.
- Proficient with Red Hat Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and DNS
- Experience with Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Knowledgeable in storage and disaster recovery infrastructure and technology
- Understanding the storage technology needs of resellers and hosted services providers
- Experience breaking down complex ideas into manageable tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet project objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.