Job Summary: Support, manage and direct partner and customer-facing technical product marketing content. You will interface with technical resources throughout the organization such as sales, pre-sales, product management, product architecture etc. In this role, you will also be key in analyzing and articulating competitive feature and technical advantages of the Arcserve products and portfolio. You will be able to leverage your proven writing, demonstration and presentation skills to help educate our external audiences, support sales and channel teams and become a recognized technical voice for the portfolio.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all technical aspects of competitive analysis for the Arcserve portfolio
- Develop sales-focused competitive collateral
- Evaluate the market landscape and monitoring changes in market dynamics
- Beyond products, evaluate competitor’s go-to-market to include channel strategy and programs
- Evaluate competitive user-experience overall
- Review competitive wins/losses with partners and end users
- Install, configure, and maintain competitor products as well as Arcserve products
- Disseminate technical findings while maintaining complete objectivity
- Drive the creation of technical marketing content for launches (in collaboration with other technical teams). This includes presentations, demonstrations, white papers etc.
- Assist with and participate in product launches, partner/customer conferences, and strategic planning sessions
- Delivery of competitive and technical training
- Working closely with a cross-functional team comprising of Usability, Architecture, Product Management, Pricing Team, Engineering, Sales, Business Development, and Marketing
- Occasional sales support for highly visible competitive deals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of Technical Marketing experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- End-user, vendor or channel partner experience
- Backup and Recovery, Archiving, storage, virtualization, Microsoft, Linux. Knowledge of Oracle, SharePoint, SQL and Exchange.
- Experienced online and in person presenter
- Comfortable with leveraging Lab resources (virtual/cloud for software and virtual appliances, some physical space for physical appliance)
- AWS account
- Leverage Arcserve resources where possible
- Leverage free evaluation copies where possible
- Evaluate competitive hardware: leverage friendly partners for access to physical systems where permissible
Travel Requirement: Domestic up to 20% and International occasionally
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.