* This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and will be remote.*
Job Summary: The Vice President of Strategic Alliances is a key member of the sales leadership team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Worldwide Sales. This position will be responsibility for the identification, development and execution of strategic partnership and alliance programs that increase market share for the company. This individual will work cross functionally with sales, marketing, customer experience and product to identify and build strong, productive relationships that support the company’s growth initiatives. This role requires an experienced and high energy leader with strong people skills.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identify, manage and develop relationships with strategic alliance partners.
- Build and develop an alliance/partner strategy that delivers profitable growth and outpaces the market.
- Design, develop, refine and implement business strategies, plans, processes, procedures and KPIs.
- Determine the end-to-end business development strategy coverage model and target partners who represent the opportunities to grow and exceed business objectives.
- Develop and maintain detailed working knowledge of our strategic partner’s portfolio and business model to achieve greater alignment.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify opportunities for alignment with strategic partners that can help differentiate and improve product and service offerings.
- Influence partner engagement, integration, certifications, onboarding and enablement
- Facilitate legal requests and manage contract negotiations.
- Support and follow establish company process and policies.
- Individual contributor role with potential to build out a team with strong results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
- None, however potential to build out a team exists with strong results.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
- Ten plus years of related experience in the software industry developing alliances and partner sales with a strong track record of achieving results.
- Ability to drive change with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency.
- Experience developing meaningful relationships at executive levels of target alliance partner companies.
- Executive presence and strong business acumen regarding ROI discussions and corporate value creation.
- Deep knowledge of back office IT infrastructure, software, systems, processes and value chain.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Strong strategic planning and business development skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, including domestic USA and international.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding and challenging environment.
- Strong desire to win and be a part of a winning team.
- Demonstrated success in building alliance and partner channels for a SaaS company.
- Ability to lead and manage through influence instead of direct reporting relationships.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements in a timely manner.
- Ability to influence and build consensus with people across all levels and functions.
- Experience in technology solutions, services, software and industry knowledge in the storage, security, or data protection marketplace a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of building strong professional relationships.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50% travel domestic and internationally.
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans