This role will work cross-functionally with various teams to administer Arcserve’s sales compensation calculations and reporting. This will include monthly sales compensation earnings calculations, accrual calculations and account reconciliations. This will be a high visibility role that will serve as a key liaison between sales and finance and that will also assist with the ongoing development of the sales compensation structure and processes for both US and International teams. In addition, this role will perform detailed analysis and reconciliation of selected general ledger balance sheet and income statement accounts to aid in the review of accounting activity and balances for accuracy.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sales Compensation:
- Thoroughly understand and execute calculations on all compensation plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with company policy or practice.
- Provide high-quality, timely responses to the sales field and sales management, fully meeting their informational and reporting needs. Communicate complex logic and analysis in a manner that is easily understandable to the sales reps.
- Track, research and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions including disputes and appeals.
- Interface with various cross-functional teams to ensure participants are accurately credited for their transactions.
- Work with the accounting and payroll teams to communicate and process monthly commission payments accurately and on time.
- Support the design and implementation of sales compensation plans, policies, and processes each fiscal year (or as needed) to support the business objectives.
- Accurately record monthly General Ledger entries and reconcile variable compensation accounts in a timely fashion.
- Support Finance in the design and reporting of sales compensation related management metrics and KPIs.
- Contribute to the development or improvement of systems to effectively track or capture data.
- Perform cost analysis or modeling of alternative commission/incentive plan design or quota levels.
- Support annual audit deliverables related to compensation payouts and provide assistance related to testing of sales compensation processes.
- Perform analysis of selected general ledger balance sheet and income statement accounts to aid in the review of accounting activity for the period.
- Prepare detailed accounting information and monthly account reconciliations.
- Prepare and review standard accounting spreadsheets, reports and statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all relevant information.
- Assist in audits.
- Assist in establishing, improving and documenting accounting and accounting control processes and procedures.
- Provide general accounting support to business organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Four plus years of financial/business analysis experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system, QlikView BI application and Salesforce.com CRM application
- Proven relationship building and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
Arcserve is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.